Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Greetings from the {PUB}

Guest_{PUB}-UT99_VET_*
post Sep 19 2006, 01:10 AM
Post #1

Guests

We are a brand new Unreal Tournament Clan Community ready to play, make some friends and have a good time while we are doing it, we alredy have some friends here at this great clan and I just want to stop and say hi to ALL of you guys.

Our practices are on Wed and Sat 6pm pacific time and if some of you guys are bored to death any of this days, you guys are most than welcome to come and play with us, our website www.theutpub.com and my xfire: ut99vet just in case you guys feel to drop us a line one of this days or just show up to help us practice, your experience and expertise will be taking very seriusly and we will try to be a hard target smile.gif.

Thank you very much and congratulations for this great community you guys have here..
cheers
VET

:drinks:
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

TrueShadow
post Sep 19 2006, 01:27 AM
Post #2

Dominating ***********
Group: Admin
Member No.: 94
Xfire: trueshadow

hi there good to see u all around, join #onspug and play some good old 6v6 ons

i think i can help on saturday pracs if it's an early time

--------------------

+Quote Post

Poofy
post Sep 19 2006, 10:45 AM
Post #3

HOLY SHIT! **************
Group: Moderators
Member No.: 15

Dont listen to him. No one likes ons.

+Quote Post

acidxdropper
post Sep 19 2006, 01:20 PM
Post #4

Godlike ************
Member No.: 3
Xfire: acidxdropper

hai :bye:

--------------------
I get more head then a pillow

"ukulele ?: now im no expert , but that looks just like a small guitar to me ?"

+Quote Post

Zen
post Sep 19 2006, 04:01 PM
Post #5

Emo Gamer (-.\\\) **********
Member No.: 34
Xfire: arienrhode

yar :guitar:

+Quote Post

the_count
post Sep 19 2006, 08:15 PM
Post #6

RoadRage! ***
Group: Members
Member No.: 97

ons is gay tam all the way!!!!

--------------------

+Quote Post

TrueShadow
post Sep 20 2006, 12:58 AM
Post #7

Dominating ***********

nooooob, at least say dm if you're goin to bash ons....

--------------------

+Quote Post

Poofy
post Sep 20 2006, 01:41 AM
Post #8

I agree with TS, TAM = noob too, just not nearly as noob as ONS.

+Quote Post

TrueShadow
post Sep 20 2006, 07:13 AM
Post #9

Dominating ***********

stfuuuu nooooobbbbb

--------------------

+Quote Post

Poofy
post Sep 20 2006, 10:43 AM
Post #10

QUOTE(TrueShadow @ Sep 20 2006, 03:13 AM) [snapback]4421[/snapback]
stfuuuu nooooobbbbb

DIE.

+Quote Post

Zen
post Sep 20 2006, 04:55 PM
Post #11

hehe

i'll never understand the onshaters. sure it's easier for newbs to get kills but it's hella fun and doesn't have as many asshats as TAM / TDM.

+Quote Post

the_count
post Sep 21 2006, 07:17 PM
Post #12

RoadRage! ***

K let me clearify something hmm... ons = hide in your pussy little mobile while tam is on foot so your fighting youreself, sure there might some strategy to kill someone with a scorpian but in the end its very limited, there are only a few tricks here and there that the car can pull off but honestly don't get offended by this cause any decent ut player who can kill an adapt bot can take down any vehicle in ons and if you don't believe me i can reply to this msg and tell you all how to take down any vehicle. But i can't say there isnt any startegy in ons cause i know it requires the most team work so atleast it has that past being fun i would say it shows nothing. As for tdm if you call timing weapons and super shield pro then your dumb cause honestly everyone in tam starts off equally and it only depends on how you use your guns and your strategy, for instance in a 4 vs 4 you never want to rush into lg area when your playing grendle cause you'll die. This means everyone gets the equall start, if your in dm or tdm and one person get super shield first then they win that is if they know how to time it..and if you dont believe go watch dm i've played DM for over 3 years now so i can say that confidently used to always play dm in purgatory, and i even played when the clan no escape played, if you don't know them there the best clan in north america ask anyone...one more thing yes the players in DM and TAM are assholes cause when you get good in either mode you should show off..personally I do it a lot myself, i know i can be a real ass sometimes when i'm playing tam and its funny to piss people off..ahahaha

--------------------

+Quote Post

TrueShadow
post Sep 21 2006, 08:13 PM
Post #13

Dominating ***********

Actually, ons has MORE than tam and tdm. you can play both as vehicle or on foot, so looking it from that point of view, it already wins.

And rofl @ thinking "hiding" in your pussy mobile. games are virtual, so if you're in a vehic, you are the vehic, just think of it like that. if you're on foot, then you are just in another form in a game.

But anyways, to answer your other disputes about the "limited" abilities in ons, there is more abilities actually. If you play against a really good manta driver, especially on prime, it is quite tough to take down that manta if you're by yourself. And vice versa, if you play against a really good ons player that's on foot, it'll be really tough to kill him using a vehic (other than a tank). There's also strats to positioning your vehics such as a bender or tank. Whereas in TDM or TAM, it's more limiting in the things you will see happening, less strat less maneuverability, usually the guy with the best aim will prevail.

There's also timing involved in ONS, such as shields, DD, and deemer (if you like playin in ons with superweapons), but then again timing deemer in vctf is crucial.

However, the sad thing is, on pub ons servers, the ppl in the vehic are usually easy to kill so that's why many think it's easy to kill vehics; and think low of ONS itself as a gametype. I guess it's all about who you play against I suppose. In ONS there are more noobs, in TAM moderate noobs, and TDM are ppl who play that for years now. B/C TDM (and CTF) has been out for much longer than ons and tam. And those ppl tend to just stick to that gametype, hence, the ppl that play ons and tam are ppl new to ut I suppose (well in a sense if you compare 2 yrs of ons is new as to som1 tdming ever since ut99 or even longer).

So to conclude, don't bash the gametype cuz of the skill lvl that most ppl in there play. And yes, there is more asshats in dm b/c they've been playin for longer time and think they are the best, but not all, so don't generalize everything.

If ONS, TAM, and TDM were all given the same amount of time being out there, I think the most asshats will generate in TAM b/c there is time in between rounds to talk trash and TAM is a game where teamwork is least needed. In TDM, some teamwork needed (i'm talkin about pubs, of course in matches lots of teamwork is needed but even then...), so TDM will rank in the middle of containing asshats. As for ONS, it requires the most teamwork and less time to idle by, so just by the nature of the gametype, least asshats will result in ONS. I know I know, i'm ingoring CTF and AS, etc....but fit them in as you like accordin to this model.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Sistruris
post Sep 21 2006, 10:55 PM
Post #14

Ultra Kill! *******
Group: 6lobal Team
Member No.: 37
Xfire: sistruris

ONS = ownage!!!!!!

TAM = NOOB

DM = good ( 1v1 ownage =O)

The_Count = stfu ( cus u cant play ONS u suck thats all folks)

+Quote Post

Poofy
post Sep 21 2006, 11:32 PM
Post #15

Ahem: YOU ARE ALL FAGGOTS

VEHICLES ARE GAY, AS IS SPAWNING WITH ALL WEAPONS AND ARMOR.

+Quote Post

$lacker
post Sep 21 2006, 11:59 PM
Post #16

Mega Kill! ******
Member No.: 19

tam is bad, the only reason most people play it is because thats what everyone else is playing

+Quote Post

Guest_{PUB}-UT99_VET_*
post Sep 22 2006, 12:29 AM
Post #17

Guests

lol! wow, sup guys, nice to have all this replies. true shadow Ty for the welcome and disposition to help us.

Now, is kinda hard to have a fav game type in UT, at least for me, I started on christmas 1999 playing DM with the jumping boots and the Ghaleon map (remember guys , that was fun times), switching to TDM, after that CTF99 (awesome times too), now I play TAM to get better in ONS LOL!! I swear, and I have all the clan practicing, (specially new players), is fun, is cool plus you really get more accurate and good with practice, Unreal Tournament essence is DeatMatch guys, doesn't matter if is tam, VCTF, ONS whatever, at the end of the day you are going to have to stand up and fight face to face with somebody, for the node, for the flag, whatever it is, but you need your DM skills to win in UT thats for sure, no matter what game type.

Now the ONS "thing" I believe is the "Team Work" and all that corny story, some people are made for that , others dont, is just a state of mind, but in ONS your DM skills got to be good as well as your driving capabilities, so i guess that really makes the game more cool.

(just my 0.02cents)

and thank you guys

here, this one is on the PUB
Cheers :drinks:
VET

+Quote Post

Zen
post Sep 22 2006, 12:59 AM
Post #18

was planning to reply but Sistruris pretty much covered it :guitar:

I have found every gametype in UT to be fun. let me break it down:

TDM: would be the greatest gametype ever if more than a handful of snobs played it
CTF: great team game too much trans
1v1: I should play more
AS: awsome team game too bad it's dead
IG: never really grabbed me but I can see why some people like it
TAM: bread and butter DM chalk full of retards.
ONS: great team game and tons of fun but you have to play other gametypes to get good. nobody gets really good @ ons playing ons only. ditch the mines too

+Quote Post

Sistruris
post Sep 22 2006, 01:35 AM
Post #19

Ultra Kill! *******
Group: 6lobal Team
Member No.: 37
Xfire: sistruris

QUOTE(Zen @ Sep 21 2006, 07:59 PM) [snapback]4437[/snapback]
was planning to reply but Sistruris pretty much covered it :guitar:

I have found every gametype in UT to be fun. let me break it down:

TDM: would be the greatest gametype ever if more than a handful of snobs played it
CTF: great team game too much trans
1v1: I should play more
AS: awsome team game too bad it's dead
IG: never really grabbed me but I can see why some people like it
TAM: bread and butter DM chalk full of retards.
ONS: great team game and tons of fun but you have to play other gametypes to get good. nobody gets really good @ ons playing ons only. ditch the mines too

Yea zen covered the rest of wat i missed smile.gif . Ironically thats similar to wat i was gonna say bout the rest :victory:

+Quote Post

the_count
post Sep 22 2006, 01:24 PM
Post #20

RoadRage! ***

Well i guess then everyone who plays in the pubs sucks at ons including team curse if you know who they are right? To be honest i never get killed on foot only by a tank and if i sneak behind it then it goes too, as for the manta there so easy to take down it's not even funny but i wanna play with you guys ons some time to see why i might change my mind on that issue..maybe there's more to ons, and yes i have played ons before so stfu and don't tell me that i havn't i think everyone who played ut2k4 played ons at some point.

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th September 2019 - 12:38 PM
IPB skin developed by: eXtremepixels